Mon, Feb 05|
Introduction to Cite-Checking
This two-hour cite-checking seminar is an overview of basic citation form providing critical information for both beginning and experienced cite-checkers.
Time & Location
Feb 05, 2024, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
About the Event
This one-hour seminar is designed to enhance legal citation form using The Bluebook (21st ed. 2020). During this live session, participants will refine their knowledge of core Bluebook principles. Participants will also explore common pitfalls and mistakes to avoid, ensuring that their citations meet the highest standards of precision required of legal professionals.
Key Topics Covered:
- Five Things to Know About Case Names
- Abbreviations in Case Names
- Spacing in Citations
- Citation Form for Federal Cases
- Citation Form for Federal Statutes
- Citation Form for Secondary Sources
- Pincites and Quotations
- Short Forms: The Use of Id. and Supra
- Some Tips on Capitalization
Note: This class is not a comprehensive seminar on citation form. It presupposes familiarity with core Bluebook principles.